Tonight’s tryout will be held at the Howell Freshman Campus, 1400 W. Grand River, Howell, MI 48843
THE TRYOUT SCHEDULE IS OUT!!
Tryouts for Top Gun VBC SPRING teams will be held as follows:
13U and 14U Tryouts will be held Tuesday, February 20, 2018 5:30 – 7:30pm
15U/16U/17U/18U Tryouts will be held Tuesday, February 20, 2018 7:30 – 9:30pm
If necessary, addition tryouts will be held on Thursday, February 22, 2018. Coaches will advise on February 20.
Registration / Check-in begins ½ hour prior to tryout start time.
What is needed for tryouts:
1) Tryout Registration Form – Available Here: 2018TryoutForm
2) Current AAU Membership (after September 1, 2017) – necessary for each and every athlete!
3) $20.00 tryout fee
Spring tryouts will be held at the Howell Freshman Campus, 1400 W. Grand River, Howell, MI 48843. If additional tryouts on Thursday are required, the tryout fee will cover both days.
Every athlete will need a current AAU membership (all memberships expired August 31, 2017). Only one membership is needed, so if you have attended a tryout for another club after September 1, 2017, the same AAU membership is acceptable. For instructions see below.
USA Junior Player Age Definitions for the 2017 – 2018 season are as follows:
18U – Athletes born on or after September 1, 1999
17U – Athletes born on or after September 1, 2000
16U – Athletes born on or after September 1, 2001
15U – Athletes born on or after September 1, 2002
14U – Athletes born on or after September 1, 2003
13U – Athletes born on or after September 1, 2004
*12U – Athletes born on or after September 1, 2005
*There will be no tryout for 12U athletes. Registration is required and open now. See the 12U link.
What age should my daughter tryout for? Should I just use her age?
Current age DOES NOT always coincide with USA age divisions. The Top Gun Volleyball program and the AAU organization abide by the age definitions created by USA Volleyball. Please refer to the age divisions listed above.
How do I know if I need a new AAU membership??
If you have not updated your membership since September 1, 2017 then YES, you probably need one.
If you have updated your membership since September 1, 2017, that AAU membership will be good until August 31, 2018. You must reprint membership card and bring it to Top Gun tryouts. A valid AAU membership number ends in ‘A8’ or ‘A9’.
To reprint your current membership card (applied for since September 1, 2017):
1) Go to www.aauvolleyball.org
2) In Quick Links on the right, select Membership Lookup
3) Enter appropriate information. If membership is current you will be able to print. If the membership
has expired, you will need to get a new one.
To register for a new AAU membership: (this membership will be valid only through August 31, 2018)
1) Go to www.aauvolleyball.org
2) Click on link to ‘Join AAU’. (Red)
3) Click on ‘Get a Membership’ (Green)
4) Select ‘Youth Athlete Membership’ (Green)
5) Enter Sport: Volleyball
Coverage: Regular $14
Term: Your choice – one, two or three years
Member of a Club? Top Gun code is WYYT98 or select Top Gun VBC from the drop down menu. You may also opt for no club at this time. If you do not select Top Gun VBC but make a team, you will just need to go in and make this selection at a later date.
6) Enter person information as requested. Parent email is recommended.
7) Be Recruited question – this is optional – entirely up to your choice
8) Agree to terms, add name
10) Choose to buy a t-shirt or click here to ‘checkout’
11) You do not need to create an account, but the option is yours
12) Enter billing information
13) Opt for view and print. You may also print from email that the AAU will send you.
An actual copy to leave at tryouts will be required for all athletes.