ELITE TRYOUT SCHEDULE FOR 2018 IS OUT!!
Tryouts for Top Gun VBC ELITE teams ONLY will be held as follows:
14U and 15U Tryouts will be held Wednesday, July 26 and Thursday, July 27, 2017: 5:30 – 7:30pm
16U/17U/18U Tryouts will be held Wednesday, July 26 and Thursday, July 27, 2017: 7:30 – 9:30pm
Registration and check in will begin ½ hour prior to the actual tryout time.
Click here for the Top Gun ELITE Team Tryout Form 17.
Tryouts will be held at the Howell Freshman Campus, 1400 W. Grand River, Howell 48843.
Cost is $25.00.
All athletes are encouraged to attend both days of tryouts. If an athlete attends only one day of tryouts, she will be evaluated on that tryout alone.
What age should my daughter tryout for? Should I just use her age?
Current age DOES NOT always coincide with USA age divisions. The Top Gun Volleyball program and the AAU organization abide by the age definitions created by USA Volleyball. The USA Volleyball Junior Player Age Definitions for the 2017 season are as follows:
18U – Athletes born on or after September 1, 1999
17U – Athletes born on or after September 1, 2000
16U – Athletes born on or after September 1, 2001
15U – Athletes born on or after September 1, 2002
14U – Athletes born on or after September 1, 2003
How do I know if I need a new AAU membership??
If you have not tried out or played for a club program since September 1, 2016 then YES, you need one.
If you have tried out or played for another club since September 1, 2016, the AAU membership requested for that tryout will be good until August 31, 2017. You must reprint membership card and bring it to Top Gun tryouts.
If you tried out or played for Top Gun VBC this past winter or spring season, we have your AAU membership # on file. No need to bring any verification.
To reprint your current membership card (applied for since September 1, 2016):
1) Go to www.aauvolleyball.org
2) In Quick Links on the right, select Membership Lookup
3) Enter appropriate information. If membership is current you will be able to print. If the membership
has expired, you will need to get a new one.
To register for a new AAU membership: (this membership will be valid only through August 31, 2017)
1) Go to www.aauvolleyball.org
2) Click on link to ‘Join AAU’. (Red)
3) Click on ‘Get a Membership’ (Green)
4) Select ‘Youth Athlete Membership’ (Green)
5) Enter Sport: Volleyball
Coverage: Regular $14
Term: Your choice – one, two or three years
Member of a Club? Top Gun code is WWE87D or select Top Gun VBC from the drop down menu. You may also opt for no club at this time. If you do not select Top Gun VBC but make a team, you will just need to go in and make this selection at a later date.
6) Enter person information as requested. Parent email is recommended.
7) Be Recruited question – this is optional – entirely up to your choice
8) Agree to terms, add name
10) Choose to buy a t-shirt or click here to ‘checkout’
11) You do not need to create an account, but the option is yours
12) Enter billing information
13) Opt for view and print. You may also print from email that the AAU will send you.
An actual copy to leave at tryouts will be required for all athletes who did not play with Top Gun VBC in the 2016-2017 year.