- coaches and athletes only permitted in the facility
- masks or appropriate face covering (covering both nose and mouth in a secure fashion) will be mandatory for everyone at all times inside the facility – including prior to, during and after the event
- one-way traffic flow will be utilized to minimize cross-interaction
- hand sanitization required prior to gym entry
- health survey for each athlete prior to every session,
- clean volleyballs for each group
- frequently disinfected equipment.
Please confirm that you will support these guidelines prior to your consideration to attend tryouts.
Registration / Check-in will begin ½ hour prior to tryout start time.
SPRING Tryouts will be held at the Howell Freshman Campus, 1400 W. Grand River, Howell, MI 48843.
Needed for tryouts;
1) Tryout Registration Form – 2021TopGunTryoutRegistration
2) $40.00 tryout fee – cash or check made payable to Top Gun VBC
3) Mask – All participants (athletes and coaches) will be required to wear a mask covering at all times while inside the facility including before, during and after the tryout period.
The tryout fee covers both days and all athletes are encouraged to attend both days of tryouts. If an athlete can attend one day of tryouts only, she will be evaluated on that day alone.
Please be advised:
There has been a DATE change and the USA Junior Player Age Definitions for the 2021 season are as follows:
18U – Athletes born on or after July 1, 2002
17U – Athletes born on or after July 1, 2003
16U – Athletes born on or after July 1, 2004
15U – Athletes born on or after July 1, 2005
14U – Athletes born on or after July 1, 2006
13U – Athletes born on or after July 1, 2007
There will be no tryout for 12U athletes. Registration forms will be available for the 12U program (athletes born on or after July 1, 2008) at www.topgunvbc.com starting March 1, 2021
What age should my daughter tryout for? Should I just use her age?
Current age DOES NOT always coincide with USA age divisions. The Top Gun Volleyball program and the AAU organization abide by the age definitions created by USA Volleyball. USA Volleyball and the AAU have changed the age cut off date to JULY 1.
Please attend the appropriate tryout for your daughter’s age classification as determined by USA Volleyball listed above, with the limited exceptions listed as follows:
What if my daughter is young, but in a higher grade?
A very small number of athletes fall under the category of being in a higher grade academically, yet qualifying for a younger age group. For example, an athlete attends 9th grade but falls under the 14U age group. In these situations, she will be permitted to try out with 15U age group, if she chooses. Any other movement of athletes into different age groups will be performed solely at the discretion of the Top Gun VBC staff. Requests will not be considered. Because we gather athletes from many different areas and school districts onto one team, we are able to create a challenging environment for each age level. Top Gun believes that most athletes gain the greatest growth and advantages participating with their current age level.